Currently Accepting Applications
We are currently accepting applications for postdoctoral fellowship positions starting in 2022. We have positions available in each of our 4 clinics: Anxiety, child anxiety, DBT, and eating disorders. You may only apply for one position. See below for information on how to apply, and click below to find out more about each clinic’s postdoctoral fellowship position.
Please email the following to Danny O’Rourke, PhD ABPP, Director of Training and Education (email@example.com):
- Letter of interest
- Three letters of reference (which can be emailed separately from letter writers)
All applications must be submitted by December 1, 2021.
We welcome candidates to apply who have work visas sponsored by an outside entity for at least 2 years from the start of the fellowship. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas ourselves.
About Our Training Program
The postdoctoral fellowship program at EBTCS was developed in 2003 and offers opportunities for advanced evidence-based psychotherapy training. This year we have openings in each of our four centers – the Anxiety Center, the Child Anxiety Center, the Eating Disorder Center, and the DBT Center.
EBTCS is committed to providing state-of-the-art clinical training, as we believe that high-quality training is an essential component of disseminating evidence-based treatments.
All positions start in Fall 2022. The starting salary is $52,000/year, and once licensed this increases to $60,000/year. In addition to one hour of 1:1 supervision, fellows participate in weekly group supervision, our didactics series, and our continuing education program. Although each position requires a 2-year commitment, there is an opportunity in the second year for promotion to a staff-level training position if the fellow has demonstrated meeting program-specific competencies. This position includes 1 hour of individual supervision per week and an increase in guaranteed base pay to $90,000/year. Most fellows at EBTCS over the last 5 years have been hired into a training staff-level position at the start of their second year. If individuals continue on as staff after the 2-year commitment, guaranteed base pay increases to $110,000/year in the 3rd year, with a schedule of planned increases after that. Last year, including bonuses, the average, annual compensation for staff at this level was over $130,000.
All postdoctoral fellowship positions at EBTCS include a combination of clinical (16-18 direct service hours per week) and administrative duties (10 hours per week). Fellows receive 2 hours of supervision per week, participate in weekly treatment team meetings, and receive several forms of didactic training.
What Makes Our Training Program So Remarkable?
- Training and supervision with experts in your chosen area of interest, with the goal of becoming an expert yourself.
- Working in a compassionate and supportive environment where everyone genuinely cares for their clients, one another, and is happy to come to work each day.
- Being a part of a consultation team that meets weekly to discuss cases, brainstorm interventions, and provide support.
- Receiving weekly didactics in a wide range of evidence-based interventions.
- Participating in an in-house, weekly APA-approved continuing education (CE) program, where you can easily earn the number of CE credits required for your professional license.
- Participating in an innovative in-house, practice-based research program that has resulted in paper publications and a range of presentations and posters at national conferences.
- Earning a competitive post-doc salary starting at $52,000/year and increasing to $60,000/year after licensure.
- Receiving great benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a yearly bus/light rail pass, and a 4% matched 401K (yes, even starting as a post-doc)
- As if all of that weren’t enough, you would also be living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, where you can hike, bike, ski, fish, kayak, raft, paddle-board and camp (virtually) anytime! If city-living is more your style, Seattle has all those amenities within minutes of where you would be working, including: first-rate shopping, theater, concerts, four (soon-to-be five) professional sports teams, and award-winning restaurants.