Currently Accepting Applications
The DBT Center at the Evidence Based Treatment Centers of Seattle (EBTCS) invites applications for a post-doctoral fellowship! We have been providing comprehensive outpatient DBT to teens and adults since 2002 and started providing intensive outpatient (IOP) services in 2018. We were one of the first programs in the country to be certified by the Linehan Board of Certification. Fellows will provide comprehensive DBT, including individual sessions, phone coaching, and group skills training, for adults, adolescents, and families at both outpatient and IOP levels of care. Fellows will also serve as members of our vibrant DBT team and will work closely with colleagues in other centers at EBTCS. They will receive specialized training and supervision in DBT and a variety of evidence-based treatments for clients with multiple, chronic problems related to emotion dysregulation.
Activities may also include participating in program development and administration, assisting with our client outcomes monitoring program, and participating in our practice-based research program. We are accepting applications for a joint DBT/Eating Disorders Center postdoctoral position, as well. Trainees will work closely with our Directors, Jennifer Sayrs, PhD, ABPP and Jasper Berg, PhD.
All positions start in Fall 2024. The starting salary is $55,000/year, and once licensed, this increases to $70,000/year. Although the position requires a 2-year commitment, there is an opportunity in the second year for promotion to a training staff-level position if the fellow has demonstrated meeting program-specific competencies. This staff-level position includes 1 hour of individual supervision per week and an increase in guaranteed base pay to $110,000/year. Most fellows at EBTCS over the last 5 years have been hired into a training staff-level position at the start of their second year. Last year, including bonuses, the average annual compensation for staff before their 3rd anniversary as staff was over $130,000, with additional scheduled raises at 5th and 7th anniversaries.
The DBT Center is part of the Evidence Based Treatment Centers of Seattle (EBTCS), a nationally recognized specialty clinic in the heart of downtown Seattle. EBTCS is home to four specialty clinics, including the DBT Center, the Anxiety Center, the Child Anxiety Center, and the Eating Disorders Center. We have a compassionate, supportive work environment that prioritizes inclusivity as well as personal and professional growth. EBTCS strongly values diversity and is committed to building and maintaining an anti-racist culture through monthly meetings, presentations, and readings.
What makes our training program so remarkable?
- Training and supervision with experts in your chosen area of interest, with the goal of becoming an expert yourself.
- Working in a compassionate and supportive environment where everyone genuinely cares for their clients, one another, and is happy to come to work each day.
- Being a part of a consultation team that meets weekly to discuss cases, brainstorm interventions, and provide support.
- Receiving weekly didactics in a wide range of evidence-based interventions.
- Participating in an in-house, weekly APA-approved continuing education (CE) program, where you can easily earn the number of CE credits required for your professional license.
- Participating in an innovative in-house, practice-based research program that has resulted in paper publications and a range of presentations and posters at national conferences.
- Earning a competitive post-doc salary starting at $55,000/year and increasing to $70,000/year after licensure.
- Receiving great benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, a yearly bus/light rail pass, and a 4% matched 401K (yes, even starting as a post-doc).
- As if all of that weren’t enough, you would also be living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, where you can hike, bike, ski, fish, kayak, raft, paddleboard and camp (virtually) anytime! If city-living is more your style, Seattle has all those amenities within minutes of where you would be working, including first-rate shopping, theater, concerts, four (soon-to-be five) professional sports teams, and award-winning restaurants.
How To Apply
How to apply
Please email the following to Libby Marks, PhD, Director of Training (email@example.com):
- Letter of interest
- Three letters of reference (which can be emailed separately from letter writers)
All applications must be submitted by December 1, 2023.
We welcome candidates to apply who have work visas sponsored by an outside entity for at least 2 years from the start of the fellowship. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas ourselves.