The Evidence Based Treatment Centers of Seattle (EBTCS) is in beautiful downtown Seattle. It is home to four treatment programs including the DBT Center, Eating Disorders Center, Anxiety Center, and Child Anxiety Center. Our centers are united by a central mission: to deliver state-of-the-art, evidence-based psychological treatment with genuine compassion and care.
Child Anxiety Center (CAC) has set the bar for providing the highest quality evidence-based treatments to children, teens, and families for nearly two decades. We were the first specialty pediatric OCD treatment center in the Seattle area, we offered the first specialty anxiety and OCD IOP programs, and we remain the only clinic to offer specialty intensive treatment for school refusal. The CAC comprises 8 psychologists and 2 psychiatrists. Learn more about the Child Anxiety Center psychologist position.
The DBT Center at EBTCS is seeking full-time psychologists to join our team. The DBT Center has been providing comprehensive outpatient DBT to teens and adults since 2002 and intensive outpatient (IOP) services since 2018. We were one of the first programs in the country to have our program certified by the Linehan Board of Certification.
- Are you interested in working with colleagues who are supportive, compassionate, and share your love of DBT? We have a strong, collegial, team-based environment. We have a vibrant DBT team led by our director, Dr. Jennifer Sayrs, who co-wrote the book, DBT Teams: Development and Practice, with Marsha Linehan. DBT team members also have frequent discussions, consultations, and educational opportunities with members of our other treatment centers.
- Are you interested in continuously advancing your skills and becoming a true specialist in DBT? We provide the training, experience, and supervision needed to deeply learn DBT and gain expertise with other specializations needed when treating DBT clients (e.g., anxiety, depression, and others). Our free in-house APA approved continuing education (CE) program provides sufficient CE credits for licensure renewal.
- Do you like the idea of staying up-to-date on the latest research developments? Many of our staff are involved in research and you will have the option to join our research team if you wish. There are opportunities to present at conferences, teach, and supervise.
- Are you interested in the freedom and flexibility of a private practice without the hassle and worry of running it yourself? We provide extensive administrative support for intake screening and assignment, billing, insurance communication, and taxes, so you have more time to see clients within a flexible schedule.
- Do you want to balance a very rich work life with time for family and outside pursuits? We offer a reasonable, flexible schedule and a minimum of four weeks paid time off per year. Colleagues readily provide clinical coverage so it is easy to take time away.
- Do you like the idea of working alongside people dedicated to anti-racism, diversity, and inclusivity? We are working hard to become more aware, inclusive, and culturally sensitive in our work. EBTCS provides an ongoing anti-racism curriculum, readings, and discussion. We are committed to building and maintaining an anti-racist, diverse, inclusive culture and are excited to expand the diversity of our staff.
- Do you want to work for a clinic where the owners are clinicians? Where clinic policies are based on evidence-based care and promote therapist well-being? We are dedicated to being a great place to work, with smart, kind colleagues who love providing the highest quality care.
- Provide a minimum of 20 “service units”, or clinical contact hours, per week for DBT clients ages 12 and up and their parents/family members/loved ones. This includes a combination of individual DBT, skills training, phone consultation, and other services in our outpatient and/or IOP programs.
- Provide phone consultation to your own individual therapy clients. There is extensive support and training around how to provide phone coaching in a way that is sustainable, effective, and avoids burnout.
- Attend team meetings 2 hours per week
- Complete documentation in Valant EHR system
- Licensed in Washington State or able to start the process immediately.
- Certified by DBT-Linehan Board of Certification or pursue certification in first 18 months of employment with EBTCS.
- Has training in comprehensive DBT (including intensive training, supervision, and/or study group).
- Loves providing therapy to clients with emotion dysregulation.
- Considers oneself a behaviorist.
- Has read Linehan’s 1993 Cognitive-Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.
- Has some knowledge of the components of comprehensive DBT: individual therapy, skills training, phone coaching, and consultation team for therapists.
- Has introductory knowledge of evidence-based treatments for other problems/diagnoses (these might include depression, anxiety, problems with food/eating, substance dependence, and/or body focused repetitive behaviors).
- Works well in a team, providing and receiving consultation on a regular basis.
- Committed to contributing to an anti-racist, non-discriminatory environment with colleagues and clients.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K retirement program with 4% match
- Life, long-term, and short-term disability insurance
- Malpractice insurance (employee pays small portion, the remainder is covered by EBTCS)
- Stipend for external continuing education opportunities
- Unlimited use public transportation Orca Card
- Guaranteed salary with the opportunity to earn more
- Four weeks paid time off with the opportunity to earn more time away
- Flexible work hours – you control your schedule (many of our providers work a 4-day work week)
- Beautiful office space in the heart of downtown Seattle
Guaranteed salary of between $95-110k for roughly 20 hours of client care per week for early career psychologists depending on licensure, training, and experience. Generous bonus program for additional hours. The current average pay after the 1st year is about $130K for 22 hours.