Our clients typically struggle with multiple chronic problems. We focus on solving the problems that make building a life difficult. This could include suicide or self-harm behaviors, impulsivity, any DSM-5 diagnosis (e.g., PTSD, eating disorder, substance use, depression, anxiety, and so on), and/or serious problems in living, such as a housing situation, conflict in relationships, employment difficulties, and many others.
For each of these problems, we will use DBT strategies (skills, exposure, cognitive modification, and contingency management). If there is an evidence-based treatment for the problem, we will also use that treatment within the structure of DBT. These might include:
- CBT or Family-Based Treatment for eating disorders
- Prolonged Exposure for trauma
- Behavioral Activation for depression
- CBT or Acceptance-Based Behavior Therapy for generalized anxiety disorder
- CBT for other anxiety disorders
- Exposure and Response Prevention for OCD
Not all clients will present with all of these difficulties. DBT is a highly tailored treatment and we will only focus on the targets that are relevant to you.
If you or a loved one are struggling with any of the above, get in touch with us today to learn more about what your options are.